Creating a sustainable future and great gardens with Composting NZ
Composting NZ are committed to creating a sustainable environment. They are a family owned and operated business that takes pride in manufacturing premium quality garden and landscaping products for the Wellington region including Bio-Gro certified organic compost, topsoil, garden mix, lawn mix, mulches, aggregates and firewood. Through their innovation they are able to offer the community green waste disposal services at good rates which is then converted, through careful processes, into high quality products for the environment.
Composting has an important role in reducing the amount of waste which is sent to landfill, as well as nourishing our soils and helping our crops grow, some of the benefits include:
- Organic waste in landfills generates, methane, a potent greenhouse gas. By composting wasted food and other organics, methane emissions are significantly reduced.
- Compost reduces and in some cases eliminates the need for chemical fertilizers.
- Compost promotes higher yields of agricultural crops.
- Compost can help aid reforestation, wetlands restoration, and habitat revitalization efforts by improving contaminated, compacted, and marginal soils.
- Compost can be used to remediate soils contaminated by hazardous waste in a cost effective manner.
- Compost can provide cost savings over conventional soil, water and air pollution remediation technologies, where applicable.
- Compost enhances water retention in soils.
- Compost provides carbon sequestration.
Remember, 𝙂𝙧𝙤𝙬, 𝙀𝙖𝙩…𝘾𝙊𝙈𝙋𝙊𝙎𝙏…𝙍𝙚𝙥𝙚𝙖𝙩
We are excited to showcase Composting NZ at Home & Interiors Show Wairarapa. They will also be presenting a fascinating seminar about the innovation and processes involved in composting and it’s impact on the environment.
Subscribe to our database for more details which will be released closer to the show and to book your space in the presentation.